Although the products are made of high quality materials, without proper care and maintenance, their life expectancy will reduce significantly. Careless uses may lead to damages on surfaces or structures and and those may not be fixed under the warranty policy. Fixing or replacing one or all parts of the furniture will be time-consuming and very costly. Therefore, we should know how to care and maintain the products properly so that the outdoor furniture sets can remain their beauty over the long term. ATC Furniture Manufacturer – one of leading outdoor wicker furniture suppliers in Vietnam – would like to provide you with “Ways to care and maintain your furniture”.
General indoor / outdoor furniture sets care
- Avoid exposure to extreme conditions. The furniture should be kept in dry environment without direct exposure to the sunlight.
- It is recommended to use the cover to protect the indoor / outdoor furniture sets when they are not in use.
Wooden tables and chairs
- Paints should be re-applied every 12 months to protect the surfaces.
- When cleaning the surface, always work in the direction of the wood grain.
- Never move the tables by dragging one or two legs.
- Although the furniture is given a protective finish during production, it can still be susceptible to stains. We recommend any spilling is removed immediately to prevent staining.
- It is recommended to shield your furniture from direct sunlight and to move objects placed on the furniture from time to time, to prevent color differences.
- Use placemats to prevent hot pots, pans and cold glasses or bottles from leaving marks on the furniture.
Poly rattan wicker tables and chairs
- Cleaning poly wicker furniture weekly by using a soft brush and soapy water without detergent to loosen the dirt in the slot knit and then use a soft cloth to wipe the surface of the wicker outdoor furniture sets.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to suck more in the small slot knit which brush can’t reach to.
Cushions and fabrics
- Only wash the cushion and pillow cover when it is really necessary to do so. Frequent washing will affect the texture of the fabric and make the color fade away faster.
- In case you do need to wash the fabric, you can bring the pillowcases and cushion cover to laundry store to clean. If you have time, you can wash them at home with normal detergents that do not have too much bleach as it will discolor the faric color.
- Do not attempt to use alcohol, chemicals or bleach as these may cause greater damage and discolouration.
- In many cases, spills, stains and marks that are not cleaned immediately can become permanent, so clean them as soon as possible.
- Fabric will fade over time. Position it away from direct and indirect sunlight. The sun’s rays can not only cause fading but can also weaken fibres, which can lead to holes over time.
- If steam cleaning and spot cleaning methods are not performed correctly, they can leave watermarks and cause cellulosic browning.
Water hyacinth furniture care
- Use the vacuum cleaner to remove dust.
- Wash with mild soap and water, then dry.
- Brush with nylon brush to remove dry food or mud etc.
- A paint thinner can be used to remove tougher stains.
- For major liquid spills, remove all upholstery, hose the water hyacinth furniture and place outside or in a drying room to dry. Please note that it is important that the furniture is dried and not remain wet or damp for any length of time as this will result in mould and subsequent deterioration of the water hyacinth furniture.
- Water hyacinth is a natural untreated handmade product and will absorb moisture and dry out in direct relation to climate conditions. To avoid any deterioration it is recommended that the environment be dry and well ventilated.
- Brown and Black coloured water hyacinth is a stained natural product and colours may vary.